Tuesday 10 July 2007

That was me, ugh.

Some of my 2005 posts are cringeworthy. I sound so self-righteous and/or mushy my hair stands when I read past entries. But stand they will so my kids can see how silly dad sounded back in the day. It's hard trying to find a voice I'm comfortable with. I can't even decide why this blog exists. It started out as something to document EJ's birth and life but how do I frame my posts? Do I address EJ as you or in the third person? Of course once Number 2 and Number 3 comes along they'll get lumped in. Or do I record some of the world they are growing up in? Seems a waste to just write about them But I can do more, I can write about the world they are growing up in, I can give them a little glimpseI can write about a million things. I can't possibly cover every day and every event that transpires and the inherent bias that is me will shape my output even more so.

Meh, I can't even concentrate long enough to write a coherent piece.

No comments: